Out of School Hours Care
Direct Telephone Number: 08 8357 9207
- Enrolment form for NEW children and YEARLY RE-ENROLMENTS
- Consent Form For After School Activities
- Go to most recent Vacation Activities
Highgate Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) philosophy is to provide the community with an innovative out of school hours child care program for a variety of school aged children.
- To provide a convenient and cost effective service to support families during out of school hours and holidays
- To provide inclusive diverse programmes relevant to the children participating, taking into account their cultural, linguistic and family background.
- To provide programmes which promote a nurturing environment where children are happy and secure whilst developing their sense of well being.
- To develop positive relationships between staff and the children and their families.
- To assist staff to provide feedback on the centre’s operations and take part in evaluation of activities provided at the centre
- The Management Committee will be comprised of parents, OSHC staff, a representative from school council and school staff. The management committee is an active participant in the consultative and decision making process for the OSHC program
The program provides:
- A safe secure environment
- Quality care
- A range of school age activities
- New experiences
- Social and emotional development
Before School Opening Time: 7.30am - 8.30am
Children have a variety of indoor activities on offer
- Art and craft
- Board games
- Cartoon Viewing
- Pool table and pinball facilities
After School Hours Opening Time: 3.15pm - 6.00pm
Early Years children are picked up from 3:05pm from their classrooms.
- 3.15pm - Children will need to have their name marked off the role. Children's bags must be placed on the bag racks.
- 3.15-4.00pm - Afternoon tea is served in the kitchen and all food is to be eaten outside. Children must wash their hands.
- 4.00pm - Meeting is held between children and staff. Children are told what areas will be supervised and what activities will be on offer that day.
- 4.00 - 5.30pm - Activities are conducted. A weekly activity program is displayed on the kitchen notice board.
- 5.30 - 6.00pm - Pack up time.
Before School Care: $7.25
After School Care: $16.65
Early finish Days at the end of term: $27.20
Pupil Free Day Opening Time: 8.00am - 6.00pm
There will be a variety of activities programmed for the day. This could include an excursion or special event or workshop.
Please remember that cost is subject to change due to the events that are programmed for that day.
Vacation Care Opening Time: 8.00am - 6.00pm
Full Day in house: $36.20
Full Day including Workshop: $39.40
Full Day Including Excursion: $47.95
Half day or 5 hour block bookings
In house day activites only: $18.10
Including Workshop: $21.30
Including Excursions: $29.85
This service is provided through the school holidays at the end of each term for a two week period. There is an exception to this at the end of fourth term. There will be care provided up to Christmas eve or to the end of that week whichever is applicable. The program will be open for the last three weeks of the January holidays.
The Vacation Care Program with the up coming holiday events will be available in week 8 of the term from the Highgate Office or at the centre.
- A consent form and booking/payment slip needs to be returned with payment to ensure a place.
- 48 hours notice is required for cancellation, failure to do so will result in charging the fee for that day.
The program encourages new families to take a tour of the facilities. Please ring the centre so an appointment can be made with the Director Letetia Magrath. Information about costs etc is available from the Highgate Office. An enrolment form may be downloaded here. New children to the program may be picked up at their classroom by a staff member if requested.
Out of School Hours Care Quality Assurance (OSHCQA) aims to provide school aged children in outside school hours care throughout Australia with high quality care that best promotes their learning and development while recognizing the importance of social interaction and recreation. The objectives of OSHCQA are to ensure that children in outside school hours care (OSHC) have stimulating, positive experiences and interactions that foster their self-esteem and confidence.
As professionals, in order to achieve this aim of continuous quality improvement we are continually reflecting on our feelings about interactions with children, expanding our knowledge base, improving practices and developing and maintaining positive relationships with families and each other. OSHCQA offers the opportunity to focus on the improvement process in a formal way by looking at the eight quality areas and thirty principles relating to quality care.
The Highgate OSHC program encourages families, children, OSHC management and the school community to become involved and such feedback is an important tool. For further information, please speak to any of the staff or management.
Scenes from OSHC
View of Opie House
Group Craft Activity
Opie Picture Board