The Foundation was created by a group of enthusiastic parents in 1996 to ensure the school is equipped to meet the growing challenges and provide the best learning environment for our children. It is run by a Board consisting of up to eight people elected by Foundation Members, including four people with experience in finance, law, business and marketing.
- To ensure our children have access to the latest learning resources
- To improve the school’s buildings, playgrounds, teaching and other facilities
- To fund priority capital works and items that cannot be covered within the regular school budget and to further improve the facilities and opportunities offered to our children
- To assist with ongoing teacher education
Foundation Life Membership is open to all families of the school.
Life membership is available for a tax deductible donation of $500.
As a member you will receive the following:
- Membership certificate
- An opportunity to attend all general foundation meetings and serve on the board
- Life Memberships are inscribed on the Honour Board in the Peter Hansberry Hall foyer
- Savings on tickets to Foundation Functions.
Since 1996 Foundation activities have included a number of projects that have vastly improved the facilities offered to our children.
Completed projects include
- "Mr D Pavilion" and Junior Primary shelter
- Digital cameras, smart-boards, AV equipment
- Shade sails over the playground equipment
- Playground equipment
- Covered seating area next to Opie House and canteen
- Junior Play Equipment purchased in 2009
- $2,000 Math Text Books purchased in 2009
- Electronic Scoreboard for Hall purchased in 2010
- 19 metre Curtain to divide the Hall
- Latest technology Interactive Board for the Music Room
- $10,000 worth of new benches, seating and shade area around the canteen and classrooms purchased in 2012
- $3,000 worth of Australian History Library Books, purchased In 2012
- Year 7 Graduation Book Voucher Awards
- $15,000 for a large touch screen TV.