The Foundation was created by a group of enthusiastic parents in 1996 to ensure the school is equipped to meet the growing challenges and provide the best learning environment for our children. It is run by a Board consisting of up to eight people elected by Foundation Members, including four people with experience in finance, law, business and marketing.
Highgate Business Directory 2017
View the newly released Highgate Business Directory 2017 (6.8MB, PDF).
- To ensure our children have access to the latest learning resources
- To improve the school’s buildings, playgrounds, teaching and other facilities
- To fund priority capital works and items that cannot be covered within the regular school budget and to further improve the facilities and opportunities offered to our children
- To assist with ongoing teacher education
Foundation Life Membership is open to all families of the school.
Life membership is available for a tax deductible donation of $500.
As a member you will receive the following:
- Membership certificate
- An opportunity to attend all general foundation meetings and serve on the board
- Life Memberships are inscribed on the Honour Board in the Peter Hansberry Hall foyer
- Savings on tickets to Foundation Functions.
Since 1996 Foundation activities have included a number of projects that have vastly improved the facilities offered to our children.
Completed projects include
- “Mr D Pavilion” and Junior Primary shelter
- Digital cameras, smart-boards, AV equipment
- Shade sails over the playground equipment
- Playground equipment
- Covered seating area next to Opie House and canteen
- Junior Play Equipment purchased in 2009
- $2,000 Math Text Books purchased in 2009
- Electronic Scoreboard for Hall purchased in 2010
- 19 metre Curtain to divide the Hall
- Latest technology Interactive Board for the Music Room
- $10,000 worth of new benches, seating and shade area around the canteen and classrooms purchased in 2012
- $3,000 worth of Australian History Library Books, purchased In 2012
- Year 7 Graduation Book Voucher Awards
- $15,000 for a large touch screen TV.