Class Parent Representatives
The Role of a Class Parent Representative
- Teacher Support – help organize classroom help eg reading
- Social Functions – various possibilities eg morning teas, lunches, class BBQs, dinners
- Encouragement – encourage parents to participate in the life of the school – this can be achieved in many possible areas eg canteen help, school social and fundraising functions
- Be a friendly face!
Class parent representatives also assist the Fundraising Committee by organizing their class parents to support fundraising activities
The following are guidelines and resources for Parent Representatives.
- Highgate Class Parent Rep Guidelines (399KB, PDF Document)
- Contact List Form (26K, Microsoft Word Document)
- Class Contact List Template (25KB, Microsoft Word Document)
Volunteers – Parent/Community
Parents are encouraged to be involved in the day to day activities in the class as well as specific programs/committees in the school.
Day to day activities may include:
- guest speaking etc.
Special Activities may include:
- class excursions
A number of special programs operate within the school
- Early Literacy Support
- Early Assistance